Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Naked Nails



If you know me then you probably know I am a sucker for neutral, nude nails. Since I have what I consider "baby nails" - meaning they're supertiny and short - I love the effect nude nailpolish gives me as it elongates and most importantly enlarges my natural nails. Plus, it always goes along perfectly with everything I wear and whatever make up I put on my face. So I though I share with you my beloved nude nail polishes that I regularly switch between:

Manhattan "Sparkly Nude" is a very pale, almost withe-ish nude with veeery fine golden shimmer which is only noticeable in the sunlight. I like this one for the mere fact that it is a bit more "in your face" than my other nude nailpolished given that it is so light but bold in color. It takes me 2 coats to make it look nice which is what I commonly put on anyways and the only downside to this one is the rather long drying time which is why this one I wear the least out of my four faves!

Ciaté "Cookies and Cream" is my absolute favourite nail polish. This is pure nude perfection. I wear this basically all the time and it makes my nails look healthy and perfectly manicured which is exactly what I want to achieve when I put the effort into painting my nails. This one goes on very sheer at first coat so the first time I applied this I was almost shocked and feared I would have to layer up to 5 coats to get this opaque. But this is not the case. At the second coat this already gets a very good color pay off and for perfection I always apply 3 coats. The positive thing is that this one dries super fast and also lasts very long. LOVE!!

O.P.I. "Samoan Sands" is just as the name already reaveals a nice sand colored nude. I love to wear this when I have a tan which is why one can rarely see it on my nails during winter time. Nonetheless this is a majorly gorgeous color that I can highly recommend. I typically wear 2-3 coats of this, depending on how opaque I want this to be as the formula of this polish is very thin. Drying time I would say is pretty good as well, so is lasting time. I hope OPI never discontinues this one!

Sally Hansen "Choco Latte" is the darkest nude in my collection but not less gorgeous. I wear this one year round and it is one of my favourites out of my huuuge nail polish collection. It dries superfast, is opaque at only 2 coats and stays on forever. I put this one whenever I feel like wearing nude but wanting more of a contrast to my skin color. I think it looks so chic and classy.

Which one's are your favourite nude nail polished?

xx, V

2 comments:

  1. so nice!! ;>>

    new post


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by at my blog and the lovely comment!

    Great post, love the cookie and creams!

    Do you wanna follow each other on bloglovin etc?

    Greetings from London,

    www.chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete